Experience the Great Barrier Reef in a New Way with Underwater Suites
If you’ve ever wanted to see the Great Barrier Reef up close without getting your feet wet, these underwater suites promise it.
Boutique hotels, ultra-high luxury accommodations, and higher-level accommodations in ultra-exotic locations all have one very important thing in common: they’re extremely desirable for adventurous travelers who don’t mind spending a little more. to stay in style on the vacation of their dreams. And while places like the Maldives are one of the finest places to wow holidaymakers with a winning combination of location and novelty accommodation – think luxury overwater bungalows and vibrant accommodations under the sea level – Australia is taking advantage of one of its own iconic attractions to join the boutique brigade with their own take on underwater accommodation.
Offering guests a unique perspective on the incredible Great Barrier Reef, the accommodations are the first of their kind in Australia. However, underwater accommodation is only part of the incredible package awaiting would-be explorers – the whole experience is an adventure in itself that includes fun activities and an idyllic cruise through the beautiful Whitsunday Islands to boot. of the main attraction: unique accommodations that allow guests to experience the land beneath submarine.
About the Reefsuites Experience
A front row seat to one of the most magical places on earth awaits guests who book a stay at Cruise Whitsundays Reefsuites, the iconic Great Barrier Reef above and under water.
- Location: The Reefsuites are located on Cruise Whitsundays’ Reefworld pontoon boat moored at Hardy Reef, less than 80km from Airlie Beach in North East Australia.
- Getting There : Visitors departing from the Port of Airlie will check in and then depart for a scenic cruise through the Whitsunday Islands before arriving at Reefworld. Departures are also available from Daydream Island and Hamilton Island.
- Cost/Person: Twin single rooms start at $1299/person through March 31, 2022 and $1400/person from April 1, 2022 through December 2022; Double king rooms start at $899/person until March 31, 2022 and $995/person from April 1, 2022 through December 2022. Cost includes one night’s accommodation and breakfast the following morning before returning to shore.
- What’s included: Accommodation with wall-to-ceiling views of the Great Barrier Reef; all meals including breakfast, lunch, dinner and morning/afternoon teas; all drinks including beer and wine (spirits and cocktails extra); dine under the stars; reef activities, including a private guided snorkeling tour and semi-submarine tour; access to the underwater observatory on board Reefworld; and cruise through the Whitsunday Islands
- Optional extras: Scuba diving (including dives for certified and beginner divers), scenic helicopter flight over the Great Barrier Reef and Heart Reef
- Other info: While the Reefworld pontoon is open to day-trippers wishing to explore the islands, only overnight guests have access to the boat in the evening
Other Must-See Places and Attractions
An all-inclusive stay aboard the Reefsuites is just the tip of the iceberg for those looking for an unforgettable trip to the Great Barrier Reef. From start to finish, there is plenty to see and do in the surrounding area that perfectly complements an underwater holiday.
Visitors departing from the Port of Airlie will no doubt want to spend a day or two exploring Airlie Beach. Known as the Whitsundays’ most popular mainland retreat, Airlie Beach is the perfect combination of bustling sophistication and laid-back beach town vibe.
Note: For those staying on Daydream Island or Hamilton Island, Cruise Whitsunday also offers day trips to Airlie Beach. Tickets are $75/adult (Daydream Island departure) and $124/adult (Hamilton Island departure).
- the Airlie Lagoon is located in the heart of Airlie Beach, a relaxing place to spend the morning swimming in its large pool, soaking up the sun and enjoying great views
- Get out and explore on a walk through Conway National Park, also known as the Whitsunday Great Walk. There are also a variety of trails in the park for all fitness levels. and the possibility to book an excursion through the rainforest
- Book a sunset cruise for a unique view of Airlie Beach from the water
- Venture out on the water veil Where jet ski; or take the air with a skydiving jump
- Explore the dynamism Air marketsdine at one of Airlie Beach’s finest restaurants, such as Anchor bar Where The Garden Bar Bistro, then dance the night away Mama Africa bar and nightclub
Wonders of Pentecost
A myriad of adventurous experiences await the intrepid traveler who wants to get the most out of a trip to the Whitsundays, from super scenic day trips to unforgettable Great Barrier Reef adventures.
- Just after the underwater accommodations of the Reefsuites, the reef sleep offers visitors an incredible opportunity to spend the night under the stars while moored alongside the spectacular Great Barrier Reef on this two-day, one-night adventure
- Take a day trip to Australia’s best beach, Whitehaven Beach. Be sure to walk to Hill Inlet Lookout while you’re there for some of the best scenic views in the Whitsundays
- Snorkel along the reef Ngaro Sea Trail, home to amazing marine life and distinctive underwater sculptures; enjoy one of the short scenic walks; or rent a boat or kayak to explore the cove and its surroundings
- Take a day trip from Airlie Beach to the spectacular Cedar Creek Falls and explore some of the region’s best flora and fauna (butterflies and orchids included!)
A unique nighttime adventure on the Great Barrier Reef awaits holidaymakers booking a stay at Australia’s first underwater accommodation, Reefsuites. And while there are plenty of wonders in the wondrous Whitsundays to keep visitors busy, Reefworld’s all-inclusive onboard package is a bucket list voyage offering guests the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see one of the Seven Natural Wonders. of the world from a new angle: under the sea.
NEXT: Explore the underwater world of Jamaica’s Green Caves
10 Most Epic Things To Do On The Azores Islands
About the Author