Head Dive Coach – Tennessee Aquatics Job
Date posted: October 21, 2022
Location: 2200 Andy Holt Avenue, Knoxville, TN, USA
Head Diving Coach – Tennessee Aquatics
Location: Knoxville, TN
Tennessee Aquatics is seeking a motivated, ethical, and experienced training professional as the next Head Dive Coach.
Based in Knoxville, TN, Tennessee Aquatics is a unified swim and dive team providing aquatic programs to hundreds of families in the greater Knoxville area each year. Tennessee Aquatics Diving utilizes a world-class training facility at the University of Tennessee. Boasting a full deck, multiple 1M and 3M boards, two dry boards with harnesses, plus plenty of dry floor mats, the Allan Jones Aquatic Center has everything we need to effectively train all of our athletes. , from the most novice to those preparing for international competition. .
In search of our next Head Dive Coach, we are looking for someone who is passionate about the sport of diving and who believes in the value of athletics as a means of personal growth and expression. The Head Dive Coach will lead the current staff and engage daily with our athletes to inspire athletic and personal development and performance. The Head Dive Coach will not be required to oversee any of the Tennessee Aquatics swim programs, but will be asked to assist in the development of the Tennessee Aquatics culture by working collaboratively with all staff to ensure that all of our athletes are positively impacted by their time with the team.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the technical development of dive personnel in all dive programs and groups.
- Design and oversee the training plan for multiple groups.
- Oversee the seasonal and multi-year progression of athletes in their group; set goals with the divers in their group; and generally monitor the developmental phases of individual divers and coaching staff throughout the diving program.
- Work with the coaching staff, Executive Director and Board of Directors to develop the diving team.
- Assist in the college recruitment process for high school athletes who choose to pursue diving in college.
- Assist, manage and solicit dive dating opportunities.
- Attend outdoor diving encounters.
- Establish an environment that promotes positivity, self-discipline, athlete accountability and good sportsmanship.
- Support and facilitate progress towards regional and national competitive success.
- Work with TNAQ back office staff to ensure proper billing and list management.
- Assist in scheduling home and away meetings.
- Participate in marketing and fundraising efforts.
- Approve payroll and general management of dive personnel.
- Maintain healthy working relationships with all personnel in the organization.
- Communicate regularly with dive staff.
- Communicate regularly with the General Manager.
- Communicate regularly with dive members.
Qualifications and Benefits
- 3+ years of dive coaching experience preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge, coaching philosophy and ability to motivate athletes and staff towards their vision.
- Proven success with multiple preferred age groups and experience levels.
- Proven success in communicating with staff, parents and athletes to achieve organizational goals.
- Certifications required by USA Diving.
- Competitive salary
- Speedometer allowance
- Health insurance
How to register
Send a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to Derek Paul at [email protected] We will start interviewing candidates as soon as possible. If you would like to be considered but need time to write a cover letter and resume, please simply submit your name and contact details to Derek Paul indicating your desire to apply until you can submit the documents. additional. We will continue to post the position and accept applications until the right candidate is found.